Google Report – Our Mobile Planet: Canada “Understanding the Mobile Consumer” May 2013 Link to PDF
Businesses that make Responsive/ Mobile Websites a central part of their strategy will benefit from the opportunity to engage the new constantly connected consumer.
- Smartphone penetration has risen from 33% ( Q1 2012) to 56% (Q1 2013) of the population in just one year and these smartphone owners are becoming increasingly reliant on their devices.
- 66% access the Internet every day on their smartphone.
- 89% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone and 88% take action as a result, such as making a purchase or contacting the business.
- 77% of users have researched a product or service on their device
- mobile ads are noticed by 87% of smartphone users.
- 51% have performed a search on their smartphone after seeing an offline ad.
- 5Smartphones are a major access point for online search. 55% search online with their smartphones every day.
- 78% use their smartphone to access a social network and of those 52% visit at least once per day.
With smartphone usage growing, it’s becoming more and more beneficial to have mobile optimized sites as well as a strong social presence.